Then I saw Sparkle N Sprinkle Nasturtium #1 stamp set #782, I knew I want to watercolor in. I used Digi version (DIGI782). Thanks to that I was able to make the image as large as I needed.
Flowers and sentiment was printed to the Watercolor cardstock. All the coloring was done with Distress Inks. I smudged the inks to an acrylic block and used it as a paint palette. Background is colored with Evergreen Bough, Cracked Pistachio and Spun Sugar. Flowers with Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw and Fossilized Amber, and stem with Mowed Lawn Distress Inks. Stamens are covered with Sakura Glue Pen and Aqua Marine Glitter.
Little dots of Dimensional Glue was added around the image. This glue dries clear and holds the shape.
To decorate my cards I made a glittered ribbon from 1/4" and 1/2" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape. Tapes was covered with Bubble Gum Glitter. wider tape was placed around the watercolored panel. I also made a fake bow from that. Bow tales was made from thinner tape. Center embellishment is from Mon Ami Gabby. It is a big mesh with silver flowers. I colored pars of it with Orange alcohol base marker and added Dimensional Glue on top.
To add some more sparkle to my card I made a striped glitter strip to the edge of the card. I adhered 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape to a cardstock and cut the protective sheet with x-acto knife. Then I peeled every other strip of protective layer and covered the tape with Aqua Marine Glitter. After the glitter was rubbed in good, I removed rest of the protective layer and covered tape with Bubble Gum Glitter.
Watercolored layer was popped up from the card base with foam tape. But before I did that I adhered a die cut strip, which was made with Die-Versions Loopy Lace die and colored with Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink, under the left edge of the panel.
My watercolor panel was the same size as a card base. To make room for the glittered edge I had to cut one side off from the watercolored panel. This leftover piece was adhered to the card base. Can't let anything go waste. Then I draw a line to the both side of this strip with Sakura Glue Pen and added Bubble Gum Glitter on top.
Materials uesd:Stamp Credits: Nasturtium #1 782 (digi version DIGI782);
Glitters: Bubble Gum (G1088), Aqua Marine (G1062);
Inks: Distress Ink (Evergreen Bough, Cracked Pistachio, Spun Sugar, Mowed Lawn, Spiced Marmalade, Scattered Straw, Fossilized Amber);
Adhesives: 1/2"Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT04), 1/4" Double Sided "Tear-ific" Tape (SAT01), Dimensional Glue (539), Sakura Glue Pen;
Dies: Die-Versions (Loopy Lace);
Cardstock: Watercolor CS;
All others: Mon Ami Gabby Flower bling, Orange marker;
Thank you for the visit!
Hugs & smiles,