Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sweet home

I'm always late with my post for A & T Digital Design. That is not nice of me at all. So sorry. Usually I make my cards at evening. Problem is that challenge goes up in 7 o'clock in the morning of Tuesday in Australia time, it's still Monday in here and I'm too exhausted to write and upload my card. I really should make my cards earlier... Oh, well...
The Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog challenge for this fortnight is "punches/dies". So grab out all your punches and/or dies and play with us. 


The image I used is Mushy House. It is such a sweet little house. I colored it (and also matting papers, die-cut leaves and flowers) with ProMarkers. I popped the house up with foam tape. I followed the sketch #94 from Sketch and Stash Challenge. It's really hard to translate the sentiment. It means something like 'sweet home' but not exactly. 'Tare' is 'hut', '-kene' in the end of the word stands for something sweet and darling, like a tender pet-name. 'Armas' means 'sweet/darling'. It actually make sense in Estonian :o)


I used many dies and punches on my card (names are listed below) but I'd like to talk a little from the sentiments. I thought I'll use Memory Box Pastry Label for my front sentiment. But 'cause I don't have any sentiment stamps I had to made it in computer. I wanted that it will fit perfectly, so I cut one label out, skanned it in computer and scaled the sentiment on to it. I wanted similar label for my poem for inside also. So I merged two labels together and drawed border around it. I liked that. I gave up the idea to die-cut the front sentiment and hand cut both of them.  

Happiness to the hut, happiness to the yard, happiness to your pocket and bosom.
Materials used:
Stamps: A & T Design  Mushy House
Inks: Printer
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilites - Standard Circles Larges and Classic Scalloped Circles Large, Marianne Design CreaTables - Leaves
Punches: Martha Stuart - 3 in 1 Classic Butterflies, Heyda border punch
Coloring: ProMarkers 
Embellishments: Pergamano White gel pen, MaiFlower sequins, Stanger Pearl Paste
(in center of flowers), Glossy Accent (on windows)
Sentiments: Computer generated
Papers: Prima - Botanical, card base from my stash

I'd like to partisipate on following challenges:
I Love Promarkers - Challenge 130 - Gardens Promarkers

Flutterby Wednesdays - Anything goes (with fairy or butterlfy)
Delightful Sketches - Use punches and dies
Sweet Stop Sketches - Sketch & use diecuts
StampARTic - Use dies
 
Thanks for looking!
Hugs & smiles
Eret

18 comments:

  1. this is really a beautiful card! I love the flourish that's behind the cuuuuuute house! Love the colors as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beauty! Love those colors you used. Your little house really pops. So creative to scan the die into your computer to make sure the sentiment fits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable your colouring of the house is awesome and well done on all your work sorting your sentiment it looks perfect x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Eret, I love the image and your colouring is so beautiful. The pretty papers and embellishments are gorgeous too.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card good luck with the I ♥ ProMarkers Garden challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! mulle meeldib sinu töö! väga kodune ja ilus)))))))
    Tore!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet little mushroom house! Fabulous coloring on it, along with fab embellies! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Flutter by Wednesday!
    :Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. what an adorable card thanks for sharing with us at fbw.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fabulous, lovely colouring, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! I love that image and fabulous colouring!
    Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers x

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card Eret. Love that mushroom house image, the coloring, the pretty die-cut pieces... such a nice design. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Card Eret, the image and surrounds are perfectly finished. Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my vacation card, it made my day...luv n hugs, annie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card, your colouring is fab & the layout is great!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card:O)
    Thank you for participate in Stampartic challenge:O)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card! Thanks for sharing with us at Delightful this week hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So Darned CUTE!! Love the Darling mushroom house and your fabulous coloring! Such pretty flower embellies too! Just So Sweet! Love it! So glad you could join us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so sweet!! I just love the little house and it is colored beautifully. Thanks for joining us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...