Thursday, August 16, 2012

Simple Christmas cards

Hello! Today I have two simple cards to share with you. I used same stamps but colored them bit differently. I love how they turned out. I'm sure I make similar cards in future too. There is no hard thinking what paper and embellishments use. Just card base, stamps, ink and some markers, and it's done :o) Quick and easy. I like that all those frames and embossing gives the impression that it is put together from several layers but it's all on one layer actually.



This stamp was waiting for inking so long.I'm glad I finally did it :o) It is Joanna Sheen Giordano Season Greetings. Images and borders are colored with ProMarkers. Sentiments on them could be a bit better placement but I pre-printed them to the card before stamping and coloring. I did my own embossing folder and embossed the frame to the front. I also used  Stanger Pearl Paste to make some snow flakes. I added some sparkle to the card too, although it is not captured on the photo. I added Gelly Roll Clear Star to drawn border lines and snow hills.



Inside of the cards are very simple. I stamped some small images from same stamp set and colored them with ProMarkers.



'Cause the card was so simple, I had time to write down the colors I used ;) See the list below.
I have one small tip to share too: Add light brown colors to your bright markers to make the colors look vintage. 

Materials used:
Stamps: Joanna Sheen Giordano - Season Greetings
Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, Printer
Coloring: ProMarkers 
   Skin: Soft Peach, Blush, Ivory. 
   Hair: Burnt Sienna, Caramel. 
   Hat & pants: Cocoa, Olive Green, Pear Green, Caramel, Ivory. 
   Coat & boots: Umber, Burnt Umber, Cocoa, Caramel, Sandstone, Ivory. 
   Red scarf & hat tassel: Burgundy, Crimson, Ivory. 
   Blue scarf & hat tassel: Midnight Blue, China Blue, Ivory. 
   Dog: Cocoa, Caramel, Sandstone, Ivory. 
   Plankets: Crimson, Pear Green, Ivory & China Blue, Pear Green, Ivory  
   Snow: Bowder Blue, Ivory, Blende (the photo don't show these colors well but it sure looks like a snow on vintage postcards).
   Birds: Sandstone, Buttercup, Ivory.
   Perries: Crimson. 
   Leaves: Olive Green, Ivory. 
   Blue border: China Blue. 
   Red border: Crimson.
Embellishments: Gelly Roll gel pen - Clear Star, Stanger Pearl Paste

 I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Sentimental Sundays - Challenge 115 - Clean and simple
LEJ Designs Challenge Blog - Challenge 16 - Clean & simple
Celebrate The Occasion - Challenge 75 - Christmas in August
Top Tip Tuesday - Challenge 83 - One layer card
TandaStamps - Tanda Teaser 200 - CAS

Thanks for looking and until Monday :o)
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

20 comments:

  1. WOW! I love these cards. The layout and design works so well to highlight your beautifully coloured images.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, that image is so charming and your colouring is brilliant. Thank you for sharing your terrific work with us at Tanda Teaser XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two beautiful cards. I love the vintage and nostalgic look. A very useful tip too. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really thought there is more than one layer, you've tricked me! LOL Great work! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again. Hugs
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, thanks for playing @ CTO!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on you CAS card!!! Some people have a hard time with it. You nailed it!!! Thank you for joining us at LEJ Designs:)
    Tabitha

    Join me at my challenge blog. You should link this to my current challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are gorgeous Eret, the design is so cute! I love that you kept them fairly simple as the image really speaks for itself.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely cards, I love the little pearls that you've used for the snow.

    Annette - Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Adorable. TFS with us at CTO this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. I love the boarder and snow detail. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Celebrate The Occasion!

    Tonya
    CTO DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. 2 fabulous cards, love that they are the same but different and love the pearls too! great to see you at Top Tip Tuesday for our one layer card challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are really sweet! It's so fun to see the same design with different color schemes, and I'm unable to pick a favorite! The image is cute and I love the snow pearls you've added. You've done a great job with the frames too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I don't know that I would call this "simple" as they are truly so detailed and gorgeous. I love the coloring and the decorations on the inside too. Gorgeous Christmas cards. :)

    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips.
    Have a great one!
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two beautiful cards! Love all your little details and how you have decorated the inside too!

    Thanks for joining in with the Tanda Teaser!
    Suex

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful clean and simple christmas cards.
    Thanks for joining us at CTO this week, Rachel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet image, I love how you have showcased it with your beautiful lines and cleanness of it! Thank you for joining us this week @ CTO for our "Christmas in August" Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely image and colored so well!
    Love the snowflakes :)
    Thanks for joining CTO this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous One Layer cards! Your image is lovely, and so beautifully coloured - can't decide whether I like blue or red best! So right that it Caught the Eye over at Top Tip Tuesday - congratulations! Being GD is great fun - you get to visit all this great work!!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely Christmas cards Eret, the images are divine...luv annie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...