Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Little gift box





Guess who's super excited? I am! I'm the guest designer in Top Tip Tuesday. So cool! Theme is Birthday Gifts, ie - gifts, wrapping/box/bag, or image of a gift. I decided to make something I've never done before - a little 7x7x7 box for all kind of sweet things... like chocolate candies :) I also got a super adorable digi image to play with. It's from one of the challenge sponsors - Meljens Designs and it is called Cupcake Mouse. There is one more sponsor - Stamp and Create.com. So you totally have to join  in the challenge. You have two weeks to make your project. 


Box base is made of one A4 sheet of watercolor paper. I  like that this paper looks bit shabby and worn so I can aloud myself a little imperfections :o) I stamped the paper with Viva Decor Letters and Embellishments background stamp and Memento Pear Dart dye ink. I also inked all paper with same in, just to add some color (which you barely see on my photos). Edges of the box and all pieces are inked with Vintage Photo Distress ink. On the lid you see some purple stripes. They are stamped with Folia Varioustamp Summerbreeze. For the ink I just used regular water base felt tip marker.
.

This cute Cupcake Mouse is colored with ProMarkers and so are the matting papers. I added some Glossy Accents on the frosting and some liquid pearls after it was tried. I have only white pearls, so I colored them over with marker :o) Design paper is from Prima Botanical collection (I think this is my favorite paper stack). On one side of the box is a little pocket for the tag. Other side of the tag is empty to write a personal message. Ribbon was originally light pink so I colored it with my marker to match with papers. To make a cupcake and frosting  a bit more dimensional I printed two images and cuted one of them apart. I rolled them with stylus (a rounded tip of gel pen in my case) and popped them up with foam tape. I like to use a stylus before instead of just popping them up because it gives much nicer rounded look.


After all delicious goodies are eaten from the box you see a little surprise - another mouse is peeking out of the box. And you can say that you didn't eat all the candy up, it was this little chocolate-loving mouse :o) 


That is it for me Today! I didn't had any new tips for you but shortly what I mentioned on this post: Use watercolor paper to get shabby look; Color your ribbon and (liquid) pearls with alcohol base markers; Color your own matting papers with markers; Make your cut out images you want to pop up a bit more dimensional with rubbing it from back side with stylus; If you don't have stylus, use a rounded tip pen. Oh, one more thing: clear plastic window is cut from embossing folder package :o)
Here is also an easy template to make this box (click on it to make it larger):


Materials used:
Papers: Heavy weight watercolor paper, white paper, Prima - Botanical
Stamps: Meljen's Designs - Cupcake Mouse, Viva Decor - Letters and Embellishments, Folia - Varioustamp Summerbreeze
Inks: Memento - Pear Dart, Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vntage Photo, Printer, Water base felt markers
Coloring: ProMarkers
Dies: Spellbinders Nestabilites - Standard Circles Larges and Classic Scalloped Circles Large, Nellie's Multi frames - Border 2
Embellishments: Ribbon from my stash  (colored with Promarker - Plum), Stanger Pearl Paste (colored with ProMarker Leaf Green), Acetate (recycled from embossing folder package), Ranger - Glossy Accents, Green heart trinket from my stash, Green embroiding threde from my stash.
Sentiment: Computer generated

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Card Makin Mamas - Something new
Addicted to Stamps Challenge - Challenge 37 - Recycle something
Crafts 4 Eternity - Challenge 86 - Food for thoughts
Allsorts Challenge - Week 169 - It's a gift
Patties Creation's Challenge - Challenge 51 - Birthday

Thanks for looking!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

17 comments:

  1. Those gifts are unique and interesting. but,dear could you suggest me some ideas for Send gifts to Pakistan on mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I just shared it on my FB page Shaped by Grace! Thanks for sharing -- I'm

    off to Target! ;-) Have a great week!
    christmas gifts

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful box you made ​​Eret.
    Beautiful and delicious.
    Thanks for the pattern, which comes in handy sometimes.
    Hugs,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot. Your box is wonderful. I love the design and the image and colours are gorgeous. Thank you for providing the template too.

    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Fabulous box and coloring of your images. Thanks for the template too - I can't wait to try and make one. Congrats on being a guest designer too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhh WOW this is absolutely STUNNING! What a yummy creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work Eret and perfect for our challenge. Thanks for the template too. Thanks for joining us at Crafts4Eternity.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is adorable! Thanks for playing in our 'Birthdays' Challenge #51!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable box! Love your inking and distressing, as well as all those cute images - lovely!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a really gorgeous box you have created Eret, I really like the pretty scalloped handle on what lovely idea to have an image inside the box after the goodies are eaten.

    Thank you so much for joining in my 'It's a Gift'theme at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. congratulations Eret and wow what a wonderful design...love the completed box and thanks so much for the template...will have a go one day...soon...luv annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hunny this is outstanding and you have done us and yourself proud! What a lot of effort and it's all worth it cause your box is totally awesome! Thanks for the template too! And its a pleasure to have your playing as a guest this time, thanks Samantha xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is perfect for our current challenge at Pattie’s Creations. Thanks for joining us!
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥
    Artist
    at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really love these, thanks for joining in at ATSC this week. Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fabulous box! Thanks for joining us at Card Makin' Mamas for our Try Something New Challenge hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank-you so much for sharing your gorgeous gift box with us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous project! Thanks for joining in at Addicted to Stamps recycled challenge this week.
    Hugs Kjersti:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...