Monday, August 20, 2012

Card for shopaholic

It's Monday again. But it's not like any other Monday. Today, 21 years ago, Estonia regain its independence. Even though I was born while we were in Soviet Union I started my school years in free Estonian Republic. Have you seen "The Singing Revolution" a film by Maureen and James Tusty? If you have a chance, I recommend to watch it. 


But now to a new challenge at Paper Makeup Stamps Digi Makeover Challenge. This week we want to see a tent-topper card.



Here is mine example. I used a Retail Therapy digi set to make my topper. I made my own pattern paper but this time I used ink and stamp to make it, instead of computer. I also made some faux paper piecing to cover few bags. I printed out two images on white paper. From one of them I cuted out few bags and stamped a pattern on them. After that I glued them on place. 

All these gifts are for you...
Then I planned this card, it felt a little boring (specially from inside). So I thought I'll make a pocket to inside and made a sentiment which I thought will be suitable with the image. Sentiments says: "All these gifts are for you..."(on cover) and "...but you have to get them from store yourself" (inside). 

...but you have to get them from store yourself
After receiver takes the money out of the pocket, she sees the sentiment "Happy birthday!"


So this is my take of the tent-topper card :o) Now I'd love to see yours. Please check also what my team-mates from PMS has made for inspiration. Our this week guest designer is Rachel Fisher and please welcome our newest team member Ardilla. 

Materials used:
Stamps Paper Makeup Stamps - Retail Therapy digi set, Sizzix & Hero Arts - Butterflies #3
Inks: Dovegraft - Berry Purple, Memento - Angel Pink (on edeges)
Dies: Nellie's Multi frame's - Border 2, Sizzix framelites - Oval w Ornate edges
Coloring: ProMarkers 
(Lavander, Plum, Aubergine)
Embellishments: Pergamano White gel pen, Stanger Pearl Paste
 
Sentiments: Computer generated
Papers: from my stash.  

I'd like to participate on following challenges:
Inky Impressions Challenges - Pearls or bling
Moving Along With The Times - Anything but square
Going Buggy - August Challenge - Feminine card with icon

Thanks for looking!
Hugs & smiles,
Eret

21 comments:

  1. wow this is stunning! totally love the fact that you made your own DP. Your color choice is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First - Happy Independence Day! I just watched the trailer for the movie and hope to find a copy somewhere to watch entirely. Second - love how you stamped a pattern on the bags and pieced them! I never would have thought to do that with digis but it's a genius idea! :) Love your clever sentiments and how you made a gift holder out of your card too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card and design! Love your colors and the surprise sentiment behind the money. Very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Eret. Such a great design and the colours are beautiful. I really love how you have decorated the inside of the card too.
    Happy Independence Day from me too!!
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elegant. Fine and delicate work. The inside is also magnificent as the outside. Excellent work ! Bravo ! I like !

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week.

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Eret!
    Congrats for the independence of Estonia!
    Your card is beautiful, love the purple and the elegance of the embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card Eret, stunning detail and design. I love reading the post details and am always amazed at the information provided.
    Happy Independence Day.
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow what a fab gift card! so pretty to! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz.
    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eret,

    When viewing your tent topper card I see that I make some cards even missed. Sin because they are so beautiful.
    Also I find this one fantastic made​​.
    The background is super nice.
    You can also do everything.
    Greetings,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  11. PURPLE! My favorite color! Gorgeous card inside and out!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card and great idea, thanks for playing along with inky impressions xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card Eret, inside and out...love your designed paper, don't you just love making your own? It's special... lovely colour too...very classy...luv annie.xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww this is gorgeous Eret! what a wonderful design with the pocket inside… I love those bags and the paper piecing looks fab… the papers and colours are so pretty!
    Thanks for joining us at MAWTT and Good Luck in the Challenge!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful Wallet card Eret, I love the paper piecing, and love the colour too.
    Thanks for sharing with MAWTT
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is super, what a great idea for your card. Thanks for playing along with our challenge on MAWTT this fortnight, Love Hazelxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous, great image and love the colour...Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi erat - this card is fabulous - love the colours! Thanks for popping over to my blog too! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Erat! I love how you created your own paper for this lovely! Awesome job! ;o)
    Ruza

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow... super töö!!! Toon ja paberid ning kujundus on nii harmoniseeruvad, et silm lausa puhkab pildil. Aitäh, et osalesid Kaia´s Scrapbooking Fairy Tale väljakutsel.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning cart Erat, and very very creative as well. Thanks so much for entering the Going Buggy challenge this month, and good luck
    hugs
    Enfys x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. It is always so nice to read them. Hugs and smiles. Eret

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...